Developed by Project Learning Tree Canada (PLT Canada), an initiative of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative, in collaboration with Sault College
Learn at your own pace using a computer, tablet, or smartphone
Take up to 90 days to complete this course
Earn a certificate of course completion and digital badge upon successfully completing the course that can be shared on social media such as LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook; downloaded as a PDF; or even embedded in an email signature!
Discounted rate available for PLT Canada Green Jobs Youth, SFI-Certified organizations, and Sault College NEOS students
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Design an Indigenous Relations training program that is tailored to the unique needs, objectives, and operating context of your organization.
- Tailor your organization’s Indigenous Relations training program to local and regional contexts.
- Select the best delivery method(s) for implementing your Indigenous Relations training program.
- Utilize best practices for evaluating your Indigenous Relations training program.
To achieve these objectives, this course explores topics such as:
- Aligning your Indigenous Relations training program to your organizational values, objectives, structure, and workforce composition
- Referencing external frameworks and certification programs when designing your Indigenous Relations training program
- Tailoring your Indigenous Relations training programs to local and regional contexts
- Identifying key audiences and training topics
- Common training delivery format(s) and their benefits and limitations
- Selecting competent training provider(s)
- Supporting successful implementation and creating a positive learning environment
- Evaluating your Indigenous Relations training program
This course was designed for individuals who lead their organization's Indigenous Relations initiatives, or who are involved in strategic planning and policy development. This includes:
- Indigenous and Community Relations Personnel & Managers
- Executive and Senior Leadership in the Forest Sector
- Members of Forest Sector Boards
- Forest Sector ESG and Certification Leads
- Human Resources Managers & Personnel
- Forest Managers
- Business & Economic Developers
- Community Development Practitioners
- Public Sector, Non-Profit & Philanthropic Funders
- Forest Sector Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses
- Personnel and Contractor Managers
- Training & Workforce Developers
The course may also be of interest to those working outside of the forest sector as the information is broadly applicable to other sectors.
Learners will receive the following Example Digital Badge and Certificate of Course Completion.